Medical Marijuana at The Be Wise Be Well Center for Holistic Medicine
All patients requesting medical marijuana treatment must be diagnosed with one of the 17 conditions that are currently approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. They must show proof of this diagnosis and preferably have a referral from their treating practitioner.
Current approved conditions in the state of Pennsylvania:
|Damage to nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity.|
Severe Chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain in which conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is contraindicated or ineffective.
New patients who are interested in medical marijuana only: $300
- Screening history and physical exam as well as certification, provided they meet the criteria and have documentation supporting their diagnosis. (60 minute visit)
- New patients are required to follow up 2 months following treatment initiation to monitor progress.
- Paperwork documenting their medical condition must be competed in advance of their appointment.
- Down payment of $150 is required prior to appointment scheduling.
- All patients must register for certification prior to their visit using the www.medicalmarijuana.pa.gov website. If this is not done, a follow up visit will be scheduled to have their certification performed at a later time.
- Certification requires annual renewal. As to not miss the renewal window, it is advised to follow up at least 1 month prior to the end of your current certification.
- Follow up visits for medical marijuana are $150 and are 30 minute consults.
Functional medicine - New patient visit $400
Medical marijuana assessment can be incorporated into your functional medicine treatment plan. This typically entails a 90 minute new patient visit. This will include a detailed assessment looking for the root causes of your medical conditions.
Follow up visits will entail, reviewing specialty labs and discussing medical marijuana as part of your treatment plan. Certification will be a part of your functional medicine plan. Proof of underlying condition and treating practitioners is still necessary in this model. This is a more comprehensive assessment of your medical condition and may offer additional means of treatment, which may or may not be more effective than medical marijuana.